My favourite food of all time is dal! So of course I want to share my most favourite high vibe recipe with you first. I hope you love it as much as I do 💚
Here’s what you’ll need for this delicious winter warmer – I still make it during summer, though, shh 🙂
- 80 grams of red split lentils
- 200 grams of sweet potato
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 green chilli
- 1 red onion
- 200ml of coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons of garam masala
- 10 grams of almond flakes
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Coconut or olive oil
- Peel and chop the garlic and onion. Chop the tomatoes. Peel and chop the sweet potato into small cubes (about 1-2cm). Slice the green chilli (take out the seeds if you don’t want it too spicy.)
- Heat half a teaspoon of coconut or olive oil in a medium sized pan. Add the onion and garlic, leave them for 5 minutes until they soften. Stir in half of the garam masala. Pick the coriander leaves from their stalks.
- Rinse lentils in cold water. Pop the lentils and sweet potato into the pan with the garlicky onions and stir for a minute until they’re covered with garam masala. Add in the coconut milk, tomatoes, and 150ml of cold water. Leave it to simmer for 15-20 mins. Add more water if the lentils get dry.
- Take the leaves off the cauliflower. Cut them into quarters and then grate the cauliflower to a rice-like texture, use the stalks as well.
- Heat a saucepan on a low heat. Pop 1 teaspoon of oil in. Add the cauliflower “rice” + the rest of the garam masala. Cook them for 5 minutes.
- Pop the almond flakes and half of the coriander leaves into the saucepan and stir them through the cauliflower “rice”. Season them with sea salt and black pepper if you wish.
- Serve the cauliflower “rice” into a bowl and put the sweet potato and lentil dal on top. Sprinkle the remaining coriander leaves on top, and as many chilli slices as you like (my kids prefer mild spice but I like a little heat)
Love Kim 💚